When a bride is planning her dream wedding, it’s easy to book the venue, the photographer, and the church/ceremony venue but what about the smaller things? For example, you may not think your shoe matters. Besides, the dress covers them anyway, Correct? Yes, this is true but to a photographer, these details are so important. Details help to tell your entire story. They help to show every single aspect of your special day. Your wedding day is going to be a busy day and of course, the smaller things won’t be the center of attention but looking back in your photo album you’re going to wish that you had those photos of the smaller details. This helps in remembering your day to its maximum potential. If you have special details that your photographer might not know about (your grandfather handkerchief) please don’t hesitate to let us know! More is definitely more when it comes to a wedding!!
To help you with not forgetting some details; below is a list of my favorite details to photograph.
1. Perfume – Having a photograph of this little detail can bring your senses back to your special day! Besides, perfume and cologne container
Besides, perfume and cologne container are really pretty almost all the time.
2. Shoes – So gorgeous, but not always the most comfortable. I have had a few brides bring shoes just for photos because they really loved them for their wedding day… but in reality, didn’t actually want to be in them the whole entire day. These smart brides had two pairs of shoes; flats and heels.
but in reality, didn’t actually want to be in them the whole entire day. These smart brides had two pairs of shoes; flats and heels.
4. Invitations – You went through all pages of an invitation book or you searched for countless hours
on the internet for your perfect wedding invites… just for them to be thrown away! I love taking the time to photograph these
gorgeous details because you took the time to find them and they essentially express the feel of your wedding day. If anyone should keep
If anyone should keep the invitation, it’s you!
5. Cake & Table – I have seen some amazing cake tables throughout my years.
Even some small, gorgeously decorated ones to save money (the guests would then get a sheet cake or cupcakes).
This little area just another way to express your creativity. During the cake cutting it helps to have a gorgeously arranged cake table to add to the photos.
6. Real Flowers
7. Glassware not Plasticware
8. Menu Cards
9. Head Table
10. The Entrance
Please list any other details even I may have missed. No one is perfect but if we work together as a team we can create a magical day!